The Munson-McGee Family Blog

The stories of our times

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter


Missed items from the time I have been ignoring the blog:
  • Bataan went well. Stu and I were shooting for under 7 hours and we made it be about a minute. Shooting for under 6:45 next year. Jake hit under 6 hours.
  • Jake had a week off for Spring Break and is back at Willamette for the rest of the semester. He finds it hard to believe he is nearly half through his undergraduate degree.
  • Quincy was offered a WUE scholarship at Southern Oregon and is very excited about heading out there in September. Her birthday was Wednesday, and I no longer have minor children. She turned 18 the day before being counted on the 2010 census for redistricting.
  • Poppies are beautiful this year. I should have a picture but have been too lazy to go out and get one.
  • Golden eagles are back -- one soared over me on my way home Wednesday, and we saw another one yesterday. Hummingbirds are also back, along with swallows and turkey vultures.
Quincy also is interning at the Rio Grande Theatre, downtown. She is really enjoying the work and seems to be learning. Last week she ran the light board for the touring show of the Vienna Boys Choir (she says they have a sublime version of Hallelujah). She is becoming conversant with fly lofts and sound boards and fresnels.

Next week I will travel to Delaware for a family visit. I hope to spend quality time with Kent (this should mean at least a couple of movies) and see if I can be of some use to the folks.

And finally, we went hiking today and found the poppies pictured above and this artifact to the left. No, it is not a petrified elephant foot but rather a yucca cut down 2 summers ago along the fire break. Thanks, Phillip and Julz for the hike!

No comments: